Answers from Our Experts (1)
When the kids need a break from Athens’ archeological sites, the city has some key options that will keep them happily entertained. Here are Forbes Travel Guide’s top picks:
1. A Day at the Zoo. Visit the Attica Zoological Park and make sure to walk through the interactive monkey jungle. A little monkey might just come up to shake your child’s hand.
2. Have a picnic. The lush and open National Gardens of Athens are a haven in the middle of the metropolis. They feature duck ponds, resident cats, a botanical museum and playgrounds for kids to run around on.
3. Swim and play. The coastline’s beaches and parks are very kid friendly, especially Vouliagmeni Beach and Flisvos Park, which has a playground.
4. Children’s Museum. Housed in an historic mansion, the Hellenic Children’s Museum has two floors of space that encourages kids to learn through creative play.
5. Amusement at the park. Allou Fun Park has kid-favorites like a Ferris wheel — a ride on it will give you panoramic views of the city — and water rides.