Answers from Our Experts (2)
Woodlands Grill at Barnsley Resort boasts one of the most varied menus in the area, and the casual American fare has enough surprises (scallops topped with Boursin cheese) and seasonal variation to keep things interesting. Here are the five best things to order:
1. Cod. Tender fish fingers are battered in Bass ale, fried golden brown and served with French fries and spicy tartar sauce, making it one of the most popular lunch entrées.
2. The General salad. This chopped salad of romaine, blackberries, apple slices, toasted almonds, grated eggs and grilled chicken makes a hearty meal and is a favorite from the “Golfer’s Menu.”
3. Southern burger. Try this before you leave the Forbes Travel Guide recommended hotel, as you won’t find it anywhere else. The beefy burger comes with housemade pimento cheese and fried pickles.
4. Blue crab eggs Benedict. These two creamy poached eggs atop seared crab cakes and topped with a ladling of sundried tomato hollandaise will fill you up before a morning of outdoor activities.
5. Red fish. One of the most requested dinner items is the blackened red fish, which is served with crayfish butter over Southern creamed rice and sautéed haricots verts and cherry tomatoes.
Across our variety of daily menus, a few standouts make my list of the five (maybe six) best things to order at Woodlands Grill. From the breakfast menu, I recommend the berry yogurt brûlée and the hearty traditional breakfast. Complete your lunch of our grilled pimento cheese sandwich and tomato soup with a side of our fried pickles. Finally, dinner calls for our crispy fried Maine lobster tail and the blackened red fish over Southern creamed rice.