Answers from Our Experts (1)
Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta offers elegant dining, contemporary-style guest rooms and a large indoor pool. Here are a few more things to know about this luxury Atlanta hotel:
1. The Mandarin Oriental brand is to be trusted. This corporation is an international hotel investment and management group that operates, or has under development, 44 luxury hotels in 27 countries and 14 residences connected to its properties. The Mandarin in Hong Kong is the flagship property and first opened in 1963, so the brand certainly has quite a few years of experience under its belt.
2. It’s a multi-use building. The Buckhead hotel occupies the same 42-story high-rise building as The Residences at Mandarin Oriental Atlanta. The hotel occupies floors one through 15, while the private condominiums and amenities occupy the rest of the luxury building.
3. It has everything you need. The hotel and condominium tower was designed by noted architect Robert A. Stern and first opened in May 2008. The 610-foot tall building towers over Peachtree Street in Atlanta’s upscale Buckhead area and includes one restaurant, a world class fitness center and spa, an indoor pool and numerous meeting rooms.
4. Sorry, but no smoking. The Mandarin promotes a healthy environment and is a non-smoking hotel. A deep cleaning charge of up to $350 will be added to your bill if smoking is detected in your guest room.
5. The artwork is worth a closer look. The public spaces of the Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta feature large-scale artwork from Bill Lowe Gallery. These abstract and contemporary pieces rotate in and out of the hotel, so you never know what collection you’ll find when you step inside the Mandarin.