Answers from Our Experts (1)
Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta serves up some of the most luxurious accommodations in the city; it also serves up some pretty incredible cuisine. Here’s what we think you should eat and drink at this luxury Buckhead hotel:
1. MOATL burger. This signature, 8-ounce, certified Angus beef burger is named in honor of the hotel. The mouth-watering burger is topped with pickled green tomatoes, grilled Vidalia onions, local Sweetgrass dairy Green Hill cheese, local butter lettuce, smoked tarragon mayonnaise, and accompanied with a honey wheat roll. It’s served with a choice of French fries or a side salad.
2. Scotch. The Café & Bar offers an admirable selection of top-shelf Scotches including Macallan, Glenlivet and Johnnie Walker Blue Label.
3. Red Dragon. East meets West with this inventive cocktail. It’s mixed with sake, vodka, pomegranate juice, lemon juice and agave nectar.
4. Sweet bite. Be sure to sample the decadent dark chocolate mousse topped with fresh cherries and tamarind caramel sauce. This sweet treat is served with a side of vanilla ice cream.
5. Short Ribs. Fresh soy ginger lends a refreshing note to braised short ribs. It’s served with delightful parsnip potato puree, vegetables and a Sorghum glaze. The dish pairs well with a bold, full-bodied red wine. Be sure to ask your server for a suggestion from the wide-ranging wine list.