Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you are considering a stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead, here are the five things you should know about the luxury hotel:
1. Ownership. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company is an independently operated division of Marriott International in Bethesda, Maryland. It has 81 hotels worldwide in 27 countries and employs 38,000 people.
2. Rooms. This 22-story luxury hotel in the heart of Atlanta’s Buckhead area has 501 guest rooms, including 56 suites. The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead was built in 1983 and the guest rooms received a $38 million renovation in 2008. The hotel redesigned rooms, re-furnished and made technological advances in each one. Rooms were redesigned and new furnishings and technological advancements were added.
3. Access to shopping. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel is located directly across the street from Lenox Square mall and Phipps Plaza — two of the Southeast’s most prestigious shopping centers.
4. VIK program. The hotel offers a Very Important Kids program (VIK). Children receive a special wristband to wear during their stay. This wristband allows them to participate in a self-guided scavenger hunt at the hotel. Kids also receive Rice Krispie treats at The Café and The Lobby Lounge.
5. Pets allowed. Dogs weighing less than 50 pounds are welcome to stay overnight at this luxury hotel. Just note that you’ll pay a non-refundable $125 cleaning fee and must alert the hotel ahead of check-in that a pet will be traveling staying at The Ritz. Pets must also be kept on a leash when they are outside of their guest room.