Answers from Our Experts (1)
With two restaurants, there's plenty to eat and drink at The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead. The Café and The Lobby Lounge menus changes seasonally, but feature fresh ingredients from around the South. These are a few of the best items a guest should sample during a stay at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel:
1. Sunday brunch. More than 50 selections are presented each week at Sunday brunch. Each is thoughtfully prepared for a variety of tastes and appetites. Expect to find seafood, such as Malpeque oysters, Gulf shrimp, salmon and white fish caviar; imported and domestic cheeses; and assorted nuts and dried fruits. Omelets are made-to-order by a chef; other traditional breakfast items include eggs Benedicts, Belgian waffles, and fresh-baked breads, muffins and pastries. Chef carving stations include roasted meats and fish. A variety of fresh vegetables, fruits, salads, pastas and desserts are offered, too.
2. Afternoon tea. The elegant afternoon tea service takes place in The Lobby Lounge. Tea is served in the English tradition with seasonally inspired finger sandwiches, warm scones and pastries.
3. Buckhead Cosmo. The Lobby Lounge serves a refreshing drink called the Buckhead Cosmo. It includes house-infused cranberry and lime vodka, orange liqueur, cranberry juice and a fresh squeeze of lime.
4. Sushi @ The Lobby Lounge. Sushi is featured Thursday through Saturday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. in The Lobby Lounge. The Ritz Roll, topped with tuna and caviar, is a popular choice. We liked the Peachtree Roll, which is served with smoked salmon, cream cheese and cucumber. Many other sushi rolls are featured, too.
5. Truffles fries. These mouth-watering fries are a very popular appetizer at The Lobby Lounge. They’re prepared with fine herbs, shaved black truffle, black truffle sea salt and Remoulade.