Midtown Atlanta’s serene Southern respite
10 Treatment Rooms
Enter the tranquil oasis that is The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta and let the troubles (and traffic) of the city just outside melt away.
A scented candle beckons you into a well-stocked boutique (which also serves as the spa’s reception area) that’s overseen by incredibly knowledgeable staff.
The neutral color palette of the adjacent relaxation room and its comfortable couches set the scene for a calming experience, while the playful cherry blossom wallpaper gives the space a sense of place (local trivia: Macon hosts an international festival dedicated to the flower every March).
Local flora plays a large role in the Atlanta spa’s identity, inspiring its signature offerings and even serving as the names of each of the 10 soundproofed treatment rooms (see: the Magnolia, Azalea and Dogwood rooms).
As a guest of the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel, you’ll also enjoy access to the Italian-inspired indoor pool area and outdoor sundeck, spacious fitness center and nicely appointed locker rooms.
• The Midtown spa recently began offering ashiatsu massages. During the treatment, the barefoot therapist — supported by parallel bars on the ceiling — walks along your back, applying pressure to relieve tension.
• The gorgeous indoor saline pool feels luxuriously Venetian, with marble accents, blue tile and a bronze Romanesque sculpture mounted above the whirlpool.
• The dimly lit relaxation lounge gives you a unique amenity: a build-your-own trail mix bar. A selection of dried fruit and nuts arranged in glass jars is accompanied by hot tea and flavored waters.
• Be sure to take advantage of the Atlanta spa’s happy hour, available Monday through Thursday from 5 to 8 p.m. Choose two 25-minute services from a select menu for $115.
• Create your own signature scent at the Aroma Design Bar. A dedicated alchemista helps you pick out the essential oils best suited for your needs, then she’ll whip up a custom body butter with your blend to use for your treatment and to take home after.
Things to Know
• The indoor pool and whirlpool utilize saline rather than chlorine, so there’s no lingering odor in the air and no red, itchy eyes.
• If you need a caffeine fix after your early morning workout, the gym serves complimentary coffee until 9 a.m. Cucumber- and citrus-flavored waters are available for all-day refreshment.
• For those looking to soak up some rays, the pool has an adjoining sundeck complete with loungers, umbrellas and plush towels.
• The Midtown Massage, an Atlanta exclusive, is an 80-minute, full-body session utilizing locally made Mama Lavender and Rosemary products. Enjoy a fragrant massage, foot scrub and a scalp treatment for total relaxation.
• The Southern-inspired Peach Clarifying Buff employs sugar cane and shea butter to gently exfoliate and hydrate your skin from head to toe.
• The Piedmont Park Polish starts with a full-body citrus grass scrub. After a quick rinse, you’ll bask in a massage with a honeysuckle and blood orange moisturizer that leaves your skin feeling silky smooth.
• The Atlanta spa provides Hydrafacial treatments that soften the appearance of wrinkles and large pores without the use of harsh chemicals or lasers. We have it on good authority that these facials are popular with visiting celebrities.
• The bright and well-appointed locker rooms include a eucalyptus steam room, a dry cedar sauna and a spacious shower equipped with a eucalyptus mist to add a little luxury to your post-workout regimen.
• The space also delivers 21 full-length wood-paneled lockers outfitted with plush robes, hangers and jewelry trays.
• The brightly lit vanities are well stocked with slippers, towels, moisturizer, hand sanitizer, foot spray, deodorant and hair gel.
• The luxurious spa also features an intimate nail salon that does a variety of manicures and pedicures with Smith & Cult polishes.