Answers from Our Experts (2)
The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta is ripe with the luxe amenities you’d expect from the Mandarin Oriental brand — here are five of the best perks of booking an appointment at the luxury spa:
1. The Yoga studio. Extend your state of relaxation with a class in the spa’s yoga studio. Offering yoga, Pilates and even meditation classes, you can find your inner self without even leaving the spa.
2. The holistic products. The spa uses Mandarin Oriental Signature products in addition to the luxurious ESPA line. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta incorporates the multifaceted, holistic products into each of the unique treatments on the menu.
3. The couples suites. Book one of the two couples suites and you’ll be slipping into relaxation with your partner in no time. One of the suites has a personal tub and an oversized shower to enhance the shared spa experience.
4. The Technogym Fitness Center. Squeeze in a workout after your treatment at the spa’s Technogym Fitness Center equipped with personalized TVs. Enjoy citrus water, fresh towels and cushy cork floors that are easy on joints.
5. The wet lounge access. As a spa guest, the wet lounge is yours to enjoy before or after your appointment. Steal away in the secluded vitality pool or sweat it out in the steam room or sauna. A 60-foot indoor lap pool is housed two floors below the Atlanta spa and is reachable by the spa’s private elevator.
When you visit The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, be sure to take advantage of all of its amenities. Here are our picks for the best offerings:
1. The welcome. A serene mood is set as soon as you check in. The front desk staff collects your shoes in a wicker tray and you’re fitted with chocolate-brown Oka b. slippers (ladies) or matching Yeah Baby sandals (men). Then you’re served a cup of warm, slightly sweet green tea and given a chilled white towel that’s scented with floral Quintessence (the luxury spa’s signature fragrance with ginger, mandarin and frankincense) so you can wash your face and hands.
2. The Couples Suite. There’s only one Couples Suite among the spa’s 14 treatment rooms. Snag it to soak in the two-person hot tub amid flickering tea lights, then move to the adjacent room for a massage on the twin tables. The suite also comes with its own bathroom and roomy shower — so there’s no reason to leave.
3. The pool. The 60-foot pool is a must in the hot Atlanta summer, but since it’s indoors, you can use it year-round. A private spa elevator gives you direct access to the pool area, which is where you can have lunch sent if you get hungry.
4. The vitality pool. The sauna, steam room and hot tub are tucked away in a separate space, so it’s easy to miss them. The Jacuzzi is a great way to extend your time at the spa. It stands out in the soothing cream-tiled room; it fronts an opaque panel covered with silver interlocking circles.
5. The ESPA products. The Atlanta spa uses luxurious ESPA products, which are made up of natural, sustainable ingredients. Your face will get pampered with items such as ESPA’s Purifying Tea Tree Gel cleanser to treat blemishes, rose-scented Hydrating Floral Spafresh Spritzer that tones and the Lift and Firm Intensive Eye Serum to perk up peepers. Ask your aesthetician to write down the products she used so that you can look for them in the spa shop.