A hip spot on Bali’s Seminyak Beach
While W Bali – Seminyak resides in the heart of Bali’s party scene, it has become a destination for couples and families along with the revelers.
Woobar, one of Bali’s leading bars, hosts the island’s most-awaited musical events, like the Silent Disco and its annual summer party SPF (Sip, Play, Flirt). International and resident DJs perform regularly here, be it for sunset or late-night sessions.
Easy-listening music welcomes you at the main arrival area where W Lounge stands with the view of the swimming pool and ocean. Fuel Bar at W Lounge offers healthy light bites and drinks to encourage you to balance the partying with a healthy lifestyle.
W Bali has an edgy, funky and futuristic design without forgetting Indonesian touches. Amid the gray shade dominating the interior, a number of three-tiered lampshades recalling a Balinese temple adorn the hip hotel.
Our Inspector’s Highlights
• The “Mad-T Party” at W Lounge serves cakes and pastries created by Australia celebrity chef Adriano Zumbo for daily afternoon tea.
• At the W Sound Suite, make masterpieces with guidance from the hotel’s music curator, Damian Saint. The hotel brand’s first fully sound-proof recording studio and creative space is equipped with world-class musical instruments, a DJ and draw set-up, a mixer, processing and monitoring equipment and more.
• Celebrities like Paris Hilton and Snoop Dogg stay in the Extreme WOW Suite, the luxury hotel’s largest accommodations. Overlooking the ocean, the suite features a fully equipped kitchen, an outdoor dining area, two spa beds on one of the upper-floor balconies and a sauna room.
• Pampering at Away Spa always starts with inhaling some fresh oxygen at the Oxygen Chamber to help you cool down prior to treatment. And you can book a service whenever you want: The spa welcomes guests 24/7.
What to Know
• Spectacular Ocean Facing and Wonderful Garden View Retreats have either a king-sized or double-double bed. The double-double option is good for a family of four, as it can accommodate two adults and two children.
• The beachfront hotel participates in Starwood’s SPG Keyless program, which allows SPG members to use their smartphones to check in. The mobile phones also acts as a virtual key to their rooms.
• Join Saturday’s morning yoga from 7 to 8.15 a.m. and Sunday’s sunset yoga from 5 to 6 p.m. at Woosky, the rooftop level of Woobar with an ocean view to please the eyes.
• Each room is equipped with Bose Sound System as well as a CD player and an iPod and iPhone 5 connector.
• For a magnificent view of the ocean, book the Spectacular Ocean Facing Retreat, Marvelous Suite, Wow Suite or the Extreme Wow Suite.
• All rooms have bathtubs with amenities from U.S.-based Bliss Spa.
• The rooms on levels four and five have sunroofs over the bathtubs and showers that can be operated with remote controls. Open the sunroof to add natural light.
• The Bali hotel has one-, two- and three-bedroom villas, each with a private swimming pool, sunbeds, a dining area and a grill. The W Bali can help arrange for an in-villa private barbecue.
• Fire restaurant is very much inspired by Balinese kecak dance, which you will see nods to throughout the interior.
• Find an array of prime meat and seafood at Fire and let its meat sommelier provide some guidance in choosing the right cuts.
• Serving pan-Asian cuisine, Starfish Bloo boasts views of Seminyak Beach. The beach informs the restaurant’s decor, too: Reserve one of the booths enclosed in oversized lobster cages.
• Indulge in Sunday brunch at the Seminyak hotel. Fire offers Hawker House Sunday Brunch with Asian street food stations, while Starfish Bloo presents fresh sushi, sashimi, oysters and other seafood.
• Don’t miss Bali’s remarkable sunset at Woobar. Admire the view with some hot and cold tapas and the Drink, Pray, Love, a margarita with beetroot juice.