Bespoke French pampering in Bali
53 Treatment Rooms
Just like everything else at this luxurious Balinese property, Thermes Marins Bali at The Villas at Ayana Resort Bali is lavish and grandiose, but remains intimate in delivery, a signature service of this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star resort.
Distinguished as the only Thermes Marins spa in Indonesia, the facility provides a unique opportunity to experience a centuries-old tradition of French marine therapy in an elegant Balinese setting.
The complex comprises three buildings sprawled across Ayana’s 222-acre property. The main spa building is massive, offering 26 treatment rooms and six villas set in a secluded area measuring nearly a quarter million square feet.
Unlike the usual cramped treatment rooms, the suites found at this luxurious spa are expansive. The spa villas — ideal for couple’s treatments — feature a vast koi pond and lush tropical greeneries welcoming you with an instant moment of Zen.
• The Aquatonic Pool housed in the spa complex is the only one of its kind in Bali and a must-try. Pumping 185 million gallons of seawater from the Indian Ocean through 12 heated hydro massage stations, this haven will send you off to dreamland. It’s also supposed to combat jetlag.
• For the ultimate in romantic experiences, book a treatment at Spa on the Rocks. These ultra-private villas perched on a cliff overlooking the ocean deliver privacy and serenity like no other.
• Combining traditional therapies with cutting-edge technology, the Bali spa offers firming and slimming services using a noninvasive Endermologie machine to eliminate cellulite, define body contour and encourage skin elasticity.
• The spa is furnished with a fully equipped salon for day-to-day beauty needs, as well as bridal and special event services. The salon is particularly notable for its nail art by specially trained technicians from Japan.
• The most indulgent treatment is the Diamond Miracle at Spa on the Rocks. This couple’s service includes a massage with oils bound with elements of silk and pearls, a La Mer facial that uses sea quartz and pure diamond dust and a lavish romantic bath adorned with petals from 500 red roses, all while overlooking the Indian Ocean.
Things to Know
• There are only two villas at Spa on the Rocks. Try to book as early as possible to secure a treatment in this stunning venue.
• The best time to try the Aquatonic pool’s thalasso therapy is during sunset. This two-hour water treatment will end at the relaxation pool overlooking Jimbaran Bay, where you can relish the view while succumbing to total relaxation.
• All of the treatment beds at Thermes Marins Bali are equipped with memory foam mattresses and pillows that can be adjusted to heat (or cool) to your preferred temperature for ultimate comfort.
• Couples should try the His & Hers Spa Ritual, where each service is specifically designed to address the different needs of men and women. It includes a rose petal foot wash, a massage and a body mask that pampers men with the invigorating scent of citrus and women with a moisturizing blend of mango butter and algae serum.
• If floral therapies don’t appeal to you, try the Global Anti Aging treatment that employs a traditional fruit bath of oranges, apples, lemons and mint to restore minerals to the skin.
• Lava Me Tender utilizes the healing properties of antioxidant-rich natural volcanic lava. The lava stones unfurl knots in your muscles, and afterward, a volcanic earth body mask rids your skin of any impurities.
• For more holistic pampering, try the Seven Chakra Dhara Journey. In the time-honored Ayurvedic tradition, gemstone therapy, synergistic aromatherapy blends and chakra sound healing relax the body and renew the spirit for an optimum state of well-being.
• The luxury spa also offers a fully equipped fitness center, a hair and nail salon, a yoga deck and a Ronald Fream-designed golf-putting course as well as two full-sized tennis pavilions.
• The spa features its own café with a selection of healthy menu items in an elegant setting.
• The adjacent gift shop sells select Bali souvenirs and the signature oil blends of Thermes Marins Bali.