Answers from Our Experts (1)
Here is a list of top five attractions that will connect you with the culture, the beautiful landscapes and the people of Bali.
1. The Devdan Show is a music and dance spectacular showcasing Indonesian music and dance. It is a cultural expose and takes you on a journey through Bali, Java, Sumatra, Borneo and Papua entertaining you with a well polished, high-end dance show including theatrical human flying acts. Well worth it.
2. Temples celebrations and elaborate ceremonies are a part of daily life in Bali. The famous Uluwatu Temple is positioned on the high cliff tops with crashing waves and is a must see at sunset. It is very busy with tourists, but don’t let this deter you – it is still a very peaceful place. Its one of the most beautiful spots in Bali. Take in the Kecak Fire and Trance Dance performed nightly at the temple.
3. Beaches abound in Bali and many resorts and hotels hug the coast allowing you to surf and relax and take in the many spectacular dramatic ocean vistas. Seminyak is a great beach with lovely white sand and low-moderate waves plus there are good shops nearby. For big surf, head to Padang-Padang beach. If you want to swim with dolphins then take a trip to the North of Bali and visit Lovina.
4. Bali Bird Park is a retreat into nature set in beautiful, tropical gardens with over 2,000 tropical plants and home to the magnificent Indonesian hornbill and elaborate bird of paradise, many of which roam freely. Allow 2-3 hours here.
5. Ubud is a mountain town and attracts many artists and writers and now boasts over 250 excellent local and international restaurants. Spas and pampering plus shopping and visits to silversmiths and wood-carvers makes this a worthwhile day trip. Have lunch at The Hanging Gardens.