Answers from Our Experts (1)
Here’s what our Forbes Travel Guide editors say are the best things to see and do in Bali:
1. Hit the beach. It’s why you’re in this island paradise. Seminyak is a great place to enjoy the beach. It has white sand and a charming town with lots of restaurants and shops, which brings us to our next thing...
2. Shop. The shopping in Bali is as diverse as the landscape of the island. Seminyak is great for boutiques that sell beautiful crafts. The Klung Kung Markets on Saturday, a 45-minute drive from Ubud, are also great for antiques and local handicrafts. You’ll be tempted by sterling silver jewelry, wood carvings and beautiful sarongs.
3. See some wildlife. Whether it’s through snorkeling and seeing the fish in their natural habitat or on a trek through the Safari and Marine Park to get a glimpse of some white tigers and leopards, Bali offers you the chance to get up close and personal with nature.
4. Hike. Bali is beautiful and you will only truly grasp the truth in this statement if you get out into the mountains and rice paddies of Ubud. The tiered irrigation system is incredibly tranquil and the people seem to be among the happiest on earth. Put on your sandals, hire a driver and go.
5. Eat. From every part of the pig to fresh fruits and vegetables, food in Bali does not disappoint. Be sure to check out Naughty Nuri’s for its legendary ribs and Ku De Ta for a gourmet breakfast with a view.