A lavish Barbados oasis
14 Treatment Rooms
Entering The Spa at Sandy Lane is like stepping into an entirely different world from the lush tropical paradise of Barbados found just outside the doors. A striking marble reception area anchored by duel grand staircases leads you to the treatment rooms and wet lounges.
The lavishly appointed rooms, full fitness facility and diverse menu of internationally inspired spa services create the ultimate relaxation experience. Add in the highly trained therapists who naturally possess that famous Barbadian hospitality, and you’re in for unparalleled bliss.
Each of the 11 suites features its own private landscaped garden or hydrotherapy pool to continue the tranquil theme. Before your treatment, unwind in the relaxation room, enjoy the panoramic sauna and secluded outdoor Spa Garden or simply relax in the hydrotherapy pool.
Our Inspector’s Highlights
• Each of the beautifully appointed treatment suites is designed in granite and cherry wood and features mood-enhancing lights for the utmost tranquility.
• In addition to the extensive spa treatment menu, a full range of beauty services is available, including manicures and pedicures (gel is an option here, too), makeup application and tutorials as well as waxing.
• The sauna at The Spa at Sandy Lane is not to be missed, offering gorgeous panoramas of the hydrotherapy pool and waterfall and a unique system of dry heating ovens to evenly disperse soothing steam.
• The Barbados spa is dedicated to full-body health, offering a three-day Ayurvedic Detox Program combining a wellness consultation with bespoke treatments and a nutritious Spa Café lunch.
• The spacious 47,000-square-foot spa’s massages, facials and wraps feature signature products developed by Sundari and Aromatherapy Associates for a unique experience.
Things to Know
• Be sure to arrive at least 45 minutes prior to your treatment to enjoy the complimentary facilities, including the hydrotherapy pool, airbeds and Jacuzzi.
• Loosen up tight muscles while also squeezing in a workout with complimentary Pilates and yoga classes in the spa’s fitness center.
• Those who are picky about their spa experience will want to opt for the As You Like It package, which allows you to choose the treatments best suited to your needs.
• The spa offers a full menu of luxurious massages and facials curated especially for pregnant women, but be aware before booking that these services are only available from the second trimester due to safety concerns.
• The Spa at Sandy Lane’s menu provides a wide array treatments that cater to your schedule, from the simple 45-minute back, neck and shoulder massage all the way up to the nearly six-hour Total Indulgence spa package.
• The rhassoul, an Oriental steam bath cocooned in its own separate space and open to the sky, allows for a one-of-a-kind experience. Pink kaolin clay is applied from the neck down, while dry heat extracts impurities. Then an herbal steam softens the clay and moisturizes your skin.
• If you’ve spent a little too much time on the beach, opt for the Sunburn Cooler wrap. Lavender oil cools your overheated skin while peppermint and aloe comfort and soothe. A hydrating mask is applied while an Ayurvedic scalp massage releases tension for a thoroughly restorative treatment.
• For couples looking for some quality alone time, the Signature Romance Ritual is not to be missed. Begin with a candlelit foot bath with rose petals and soothing aromatherapy followed by a 60-minute side-by-side massage and finished off with a soak in your private hydro pool while enjoying a feast of fresh fruit.
• The Caribbean spa’s facilities are as lavish as they are relaxing, from the hydrotherapy and Jet Blitz rooms to the new rhassoul and outdoor shower experience.
• Start your spa experience with the warm sensory showers. They have multiple settings to evoke different environments. Start with a cold mist that gives you the feeling of early morning dew, followed by a tropical shower mimicking summer rain and finish with a vigorous and stimulating side jet blast.
• The perfect follow-up to a steam or sauna session is the crystal cold room. Unwind while shimmering lights reflect off the sparkling crystal stone, reminiscent of a star-filled sky. The cold air leaves you with a pleasant and tingly feeling. You’ll be refreshed.
• The Spa at Sandy Lane offers a 2,500-square-foot gym complete with personal training and individual fitness assessments to help you meet your wellness goals, even while on vacation.