Answers from Our Experts (2)
The Bristol Lounge is one of Boston’s favorite haunts. It’s been called “Boston’s living room” thanks to its comfortable atmosphere and ideal location right at the Boston Public Gardens and Boston Common. It’s where you can literally watch the city walk by on any given day. All that said, there are a few must-knows about The Bristol Lounge.
1. Separate bar area. The bar area at The Bristol Lounge is in the same room as, but in a separate area from, the main dining room, and it can get fairly noisy on busy nights. The bar has its own separate menu, featuring a few of the favorites from the main dining menu, and is a local favorite for the after-work crowd.
2. Burgers and Burgundy Wednesdays. The Bristol Lounge likes to host small events and gatherings for its guests including Burgers and Burgundy Wednesdays. For $35, you can choose from four variations of the famous Bristol burger — original, montrachet, croque madame and au poivre — paired with tastings of two Burgundian-style wines selected by the restaurant’s wine director.
3. Afternoon tea. The Bristol Lounge wears many hats, including a proper and sophisticated one. Its legendary afternoon tea is a Boston tradition, served every Saturday and Sunday from 3 to 4:15 p.m. Because of the tight time frame, reservations are strongly recommended for afternoon tea.
4. Sunday breakfast buffet. Brunch is an art form in Boston and the Bristol Lounge has perfected it. Every Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., the restaurants hosts a full breakfast buffet of hold and cold items. Reservations for Sunday brunch are highly recommended, especially during high-volume.
5. Kid-friendly. The Bristol Lounge loves guests of all ages, and despite being known as a sophisticated spot, the restaurant does a great job catering to kids. There are kids’ menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and the kitchen is happy to cook up anything to please the little ones.
1. Known as Boston’s living room, the restaurant is a favorite among guests and locals alike, bustling seven days a week during all meal periods.
2. The vibrant Bristol Lounge Bar is a favorite after-work destination, serving craft cocktails and an extensive menu of raw bar items and “For Sharing” dishes perfect for group and casual get-togethers.
3. The Bristol Lounge features an array of seating options to suit all guest needs and preferences — from plush fireside couches to leather banquettes, bar stools and window tables. There is something for everyone in this comfortable, welcoming restaurant.
4. The Bristol Lounge is known for mouthwatering cuisine, but it has gained particular fame with the Bristol Burger, which is repeatedly voted “Best of Boston” and has been the champion of the Boston Burger Bash since its inception. The restaurant is also know for dry aged steaks aged in house to perfection and prepared in a 1,600-degree broiler, as well as for its fresh, handmade gourmet pastas.
5. Every Wednesday night, The Bristol Lounge hosts Burgers & Burgundy Wednesdays, which offers four varieties of the famous Bristol Burger paired with two tastings of Burgundian style wines for just $35. The restaurant also features afternoon tea on weekends, a Sunday breakfast buffet, and “Sundaes on Saturdays,” a Saturday night liquid nitro ice cream buffet.