Answers from Our Experts (1)
Before you dine at Jill’s Restaurant at St Julien Hotel & Spa, there are five things you should know about the contemporary American and French eatery:
1. Executive chef. Chef Laurent Mechin has been the executive chef at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant since 2010. His passion for food can be traced back to his early childhood in France, where he prepared food with his father using ingredients from the Jura Mountains region. As a professional chef, he has won many accolades for his approach to both French and American cuisine throughout top restaurants in Europe and the U.S. Mechin has helmed kitchens at Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo and Four Seasons Resort Jackson Hole.
2. Fresh ingredients. The inspiration for many of chef Mechin’s dishes at Jill’s comes from the organic fruits, vegetables, plants and artisan cheese he finds at the Boulder Farmer’s Market.
3. Views. You can choose city or country vistas when dining at the Boulder restaurant. Large open windows provide you with a glimpse of scenic downtown. Those who seek a view of the Flatiron Mountains can opt for the restaurant’s patio.
4. Special dish. One of the signature dishes at Jill’s is the filet mignon Diane. It is flambéed tableside with brandy and served with a mushroom medley and truffle sauce. Mashed potatoes topped with caviar are served on the side.
5. Sweet treat. A popular New Orleans dessert, bananas Foster receives special attention at Jill’s. Bananas are flambéed next to your table with butter, brown sugar, dark rum and banana liqueur. The chef then carefully plates it with ice cream and sprinkles cinnamon on top.