Answers from Our Experts (1)
Brisbane’s restaurant scene is packed full of great dining options but our ‘best’ dining list is not the exclusive realm of white table cloths and fine silver. Instead, as befits Brisbane’s sophisticated but relaxed atmosphere, it’s more about a fine quality dining experience created by adventurous chefs using premium local product matched with a hand-picked wine list. Here are my top five where you are guaranteed a memorable food experience.
1. Esquire – Enjoy the exquisite attention to detail on their degustation only menu filled with food that surprises and delights. Great river views.
2. Urbane – Minimalist décor focuses attention on the cleverly crafted food available as a la carte or degustation by an exciting young chef fresh from Noma.
3. Ortiga – Robust Spanish flavours, a head-to-tail ethos, relaxed and congenial atmosphere and an enviable wine list.
4. Aria – Perfectly positioned for river views, chef Matt Moran makes good use of premium Queensland produce with excellent service.
5. Montrachet – Full of French bistro flavour from owner-chef Thierry Galichet’s homeland.
Discover more great Brisbane restaurants at Eat,drink+beKerry