Answers from Our Experts (1)
If there are a few things you should know before heading out to The Essex Resort & Spa, it’s these:
1. Location. The Forbes Travel Guide recommended hotel is located in Essex Junction, which is a 15-minute drive from downtown Burlington. Not much is located within walking distance, but the Essex Shoppes and Cinema is less than a mile down the road.
2. Transportation. Since the property is located on 18 acres, you’ll need your own transportation to get around unless you plan on taking taxis. You can get a taxi at the airport, but many don’t take credit cards — so be sure to ask first. The Essex also offers a shuttle service that is complimentary.
3. Culinary classes. If you’re a foodie, or just enjoy baking and cooking, take one of the hotel’s culinary classes at Cook Academy with the hotel’s acclaimed chefs.
4. Adventure course. You might not even know the adventure course is here because it’s located at the back of the property, but you don’t want to miss its rock-climbing wall, zip-line and ropes course.
5. Laid-back vibe. The Forbes Travel Guide recommended resort fits the laid-back and “live and let live” mentality of Burlington and most of Vermont. Staff members wear their own clothes with nametags, and let you do your own thing.