Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are plenty of fun amenities at The Essex Resort & Spa, but be sure to check these out during your visit.
1. Spa at the Essex. The spa is the vacationer’s best friend especially when you need time to relax. Here you’ll find all the treatments you desire, including massages, body wraps and nail treatments.
2. Tennis courts. Six outdoor courts let tennis buffs get in a match or two. They’re located behind the main building and surrounded by lush foliage.
3. Adventure course. It’s rare to find an adventure course on a hotel property — especially on the east coast — and this one is perfect for active and outdoor-loving families. There’s a zip-line and a rock-climbing wall ideal for anyone up for a challenge.
4. Indoor and outdoor pool. Regardless of the season, you can go for a swim thanks to the heated indoor and outdoor pools. The outdoor pool is open from Memorial Day through Labor Day and is surrounded by the property’s lush land. The indoor pool is located inside the spa and has floor-to-ceiling windows letting in lots of natural light.
5. Restaurants. The Essex is a foodie’s delight. The chef’s garden grows produce for the Forbes Travel Guide recommended hotel’s fine dining restaurant, Amuse, and more casual spot, The Tavern. And budding chefs can participate in baking and cooking classes taught by chef instructors at its Cook Academy.