Answers from Our Experts (1)
There is plenty to love about The Essex Resort & Spa, but here are the things that top our list:
1. Culinary focus. Of course we love any place that focuses on food, but The Essex Resort & Spa takes it to another level, offering baking and cooking classes weekly in the Cook Academy kitchen.
2. Adventure ropes course and rock-climbing wall. This fun adventure course includes zip-lining so families can have a fun, challenging, day.
3. Spa at the Essex. Head to the Forbes Travel Guide recommended hotel’s spa for a day of pampering and get a massage, facial or wrap, among other things. With 10 treatment rooms, a 25-yard indoor pool, steam rooms, a sauna and relaxation lounges, you can spend the day relaxing inside — and it’s the perfect escape for the wintertime if you don’t want to hit the slopes.
4. Location. If you’re looking for a weekend getaway, The Essex Resort & Spa’s location is perfect year-round. With its stunning scenery and location just 15 minutes away from downtown Burlington, there is so much to see and do here. Hit Burlington for shopping on Church Street (and enjoy some ice cream from the flagship Ben and Jerry’s); head to the waterfront and hop on a sunset sail; or rent a bike and ride along the bike paths. Head to the Vermont Teddy Bear factory in Shelburne; the flagship Burton Snowboards shop; or stop by Magic Hat Brewing Company for a tour and samples.
5. Activities. There are loads of them at the Forbes Travel Guide recommended resort and nearby. Rent a bike from the hotel to get in a scenic bike ride around the area. Each Saturday night, head out back for a campfire and make some s’mores. There are tennis courts on the property, as well as an outdoor and indoor pool, and if you’re interested, the hotel can also organize a hot air balloon ride, golfing and more.