Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are a few things you should know about STARS, the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant located in Cape Cod’s Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa. Here’s a list:
1. Reservations are required. Regardless of what time of year you visit, you’ll need a reservation to dine at STARS for dinner. You can make reservations online via OpenTable, or call the hotel directly to set up your dinner plans.
2. The focus is on steaks. STARS is a traditional steakhouse but there’s a twist. You can choose your own cut of steak from a cart that’s wheeled to your table. The meat is cut tableside according to your specifications and is priced per ounce.
3. Dessert is a special part of a meal at STARS. Leave room for a sweet ending to your meal, because the dessert menu is a delight. From simple pleasures like housemade Cape Cod ice cream to more complicated concoctions such as kaffir lime panna cotta with coconut-lime dacquoise, mango-jalapeño salsa and crisp tortillas, STARS' pastry chefs know how to put the exclamation point on a memorable dinner.
4. There’s a dress code. Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star STARS serves breakfast and dinner, and requests that guests dress appropriately at both seatings. The dress code at STARS means no beachwear or flip-flops, but nice jeans and sandals are fine. Jackets are recommended for gentlemen but not required.
5. The restaurant doesn’t have its own bar. If you’re looking to have a drink before your dinner at STARS, you’ll need to choose from one of the other onsite bars, whether it’s inside The Sacred Cod Tavern or on the veranda on a warm summer evening.