Answers from Our Experts (2)
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club's Twenty-Eight Atlantic offers the most romantic and elegant setting, with breathtaking water views. Chillingsworth in Orleans is housed in the 300-year-old Chillingsworth-Foster estate on six acres of lawn and gardens. The restaurant is filled with antiques and features French cuisine. Abba in Orleans is an intimate, sophisticated setting, featuring inventive cuisine with Mediterranean flavors. The Cape Sea Grille is Harwich Port is situated in a 19th-century sea captain's home, just steps from the water and features creative American cuisine.
Cape Cod can be as casual or elegant as you want it out to be. And while even lobster rolls from a clam shack can be romantic when eaten on the beach at sunset, there is a time and place for everything. For a more formal, romantic fine dining romantic experience, try one of these Cape Cod favorites:
1. Chillingsworth, Brewster. Considered one of the most romantic restaurants on Cape Cod, Chillingsworth features indoor and outdoor seating and offers everything from foie gras to fish and pasta dishes.
2. Captain Linnell House, Orleans. Set among lavender fields and spacious lawns, Captain Linnell focuses on regional cuisine amid the ocean breeze in Orleans. Dinner is served nightly on white tablecloths amid votives and bouquets of flowers.
3. Chatham Bars Inn, Chatham. The main dining room at Chatham Bars Inn overlooks the Atlantic Ocean, and is a staple for couples seeking a little romance after a busy day of entertaining the kids or sightseeing around the Cape. Dinner is formal and men are required to wear a jacket.
4. Daniel Webster Inn, Sandwich. The charming Daniel Webster Inn houses one of the most acclaimed wine cellars on the Cape. Dine in the Music Room or moonlit, Conservatory (our pick for ultimate romance) and enjoy traditional Cape Cod fare like fresh seafood, soups and pastas.
5. The Lighthouse Inn, West Dennis. What’s more romantic than dining on Nantucket Sound while the surf rolls in under the moonlight? The Lighthouse Inn feels like complete seclusion from the rest of the Cape. You can even dine on the beach (arrangements must be made ahead of time) on fresh fish caught in Cape Cod waters.