Answers from Our Experts (1)
With three islands to choose from — Grand Cayman, Little Cayman and Cayman Brac — there are plenty of luxurious places to stay on the Cayman Islands. Here are five that Forbes Travel Guide editors recommend:
1. Grand Cayman Beach Suites. A boutique hotel that feels like a ritzy all-inclusive resort, Grand Cayman Beach Suites features a 24-hour gym, a shopping center, a spa, two fine dining restaurants and a swim-up bar. But our favorite part of this luxe hotel is the suites, which all feature high-tech amenities and balconies with ocean views.
2. The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman. With 365 rooms, this massive hotel (the second largest on the island) caters to your every need — whether you’re using the complimentary kayaks or nursing a cocktail at the bustling beach bar. Make time to dine at Blue by Eric Ripert, a great seafood restaurant from the Five-Star chef.
3. Southern Cross Club. For a more intimate experience on the Cayman Islands, check in to Southern Cross Club, which boasts just 12 rooms and a fishing-lodge feel. You’ll enjoy rustic décor, along with plenty of opportunities for diving, boating and fishing.
4. Cotton Tree. Located in a secluded part of West Bay, Cotton Tree is a small boutique hotel that’s lined with pastel-colored cottages. Each one comes with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, private patios and high-tech perks like iPod docks and Wi-Fi. There’s also a freshwater pool onsite, and the famed Seven Mile Beach is just a 10-minute drive away.
5. Caribbean Club. These oceanfront villas have large bedrooms, private balconies and fully equipped kitchens. But our favorite part of the Caribbean Club is the pool and cabanas that overlook Seven Mile Beach.