Answers from Our Experts (1)
While there is plenty to see and do in the Cayman Islands, our Forbes Travel Guide editors recommend these five favorites:
1. Go scuba diving. Grand Cayman is an ideal destination for scuba diving. Whether you’re a novice or a skilled diver, the Cayman Islands offer a great diving experience for everyone.
2. Travel to the sister islands, Cayman Brac and Little Cayman. Hop on a short plane ride and explore these islands; they are filled with quiet beaches, cool caves, and exotic flora and fauna.
3. Visit Pedro St. James. Take a tour of this castle, which is the oldest house in the Cayman Islands. It’s furnished with period pieces from the 1780s and offers some of the best views of the island.
4. Go to Stingray City. Take a boat to Stingray City to pet and hold the friendly sea creatures.
5. Butterfly Farm. Learn about the life cycle of a butterfly and see beautiful exotic butterflies in vibrant colors and different sizes.