Answers from Our Experts (1)
Before you pack for your stay at the JW Marriott Chicago, here are a few things to know to make sure your time there is truly memorable:
1. Turndown is not automatically provided. So be sure to request it, if you’d like to return to a turned down bed.
2. Grab a seat early if you want to enjoy happy hour drinks in The Lobby Lounge or lobby bar, The Florentine. With the hotel’s central location in the Chicago loop, locals migrate to the hotel after work in droves for the upscale vibe and affordable specials. The Lobby Lounge has $5 appetizers and cocktails from 5 to 7 p.m. on weekdays.
3. Be prepared for after-work traffic. Traffic in the loop backs up around 4:30 to 6 p.m. during the work week. If you have plans or reservations, make sure to call a taxi ahead of time and give yourself plenty of time to get there. Can’t get a taxi? Don’t worry. The city is very pedestrian-friendly and you’ll enjoy the sights as you walk to your nearby destination.
4. Business travelers tend to stay at the JW Marriott Chicago during the work week, making room rates higher. If you have flexibility with your plans, you’ll enjoy lower rates by staying there during the weekend. On the weekends, the hotel is a quiet getaway for the weekend traveler or the weekend city shopper.
5. The Lobby Lounge turns into a casual breakfast dining room in the mornings. It’s a convenient place to grab a quick coffee, pastry or fruit plate. For those with a more leisurely morning planned, stay a while and take in some great people-watching.