Answers from Our Experts (2)
Before you book your room at the beautiful Peninsula Chicago, here are the top five things we think you should know about the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel:
1. The upscale European-style Pierrot Gourmet café, which sits adjacent to the luxury Chicago hotel, is always busy. The restaurant serves sandwiches, salads and coffee, but is best known for its signature pastries, including sourdough tartines and cherry cheese turnovers. If you want to dine and sip a glass of wine at one of the coveted outdoor tables in the summer, ask the concierge for the best times, that’ll help you secure a spot and save you from disappointment.
2. If you want to avoid the hustle and bustle of Pierrot Gourmet altogether, you can always get a delicious patisserie to go to take back to your room. Remember, it’s part of The Peninsula Chicago, so there’s no need to take your wallet. Simply bring your room key and charge it to your hotel account. This luxury hotel goes out of its way to make every aspect of your stay seamless, so take advantage.
3. In the winter months the Bar at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel is a popular spot. There’s only one highly coveted table in front of the fireplace, so get there early to claim your seat.
4. The hotel is large and can readily host large groups. If you don’t like being lost in the crowd, try to avoid arriving or departing during peak check-in and out times. The staff will be more than happy to help you store luggage in the event your room is not ready.
5. Traditional European-style grandeur and gracious service is bestowed upon every guest. Expect not to have to lift a finger when staying at The Peninsula Chicago.
Five things you should know about the hotel are:
The hotel prides itself on being ideal for business travelers as well as families and it’s pet-friendly.
We offer four award-winning restaurants and a bar.
We have an exceptional location, in the heart of the Magnificent Mile. We offer a vast array of extensive spa treatments and a half-Olympic length swimming pool with sweeping city views.
The hotel offers a number of technology components including multifunction bedside electronic control panel that allows guests to control guestroom features with the touch of a button and iPod docking stations.