Answers from Our Experts (2)
There are a multitude of reasons The Peninsula Chicago is one of only three Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotels in Chicago; to pick only five was hard for us to do, but we gave it our best. Here are the top five things we love most about this hotel:
1. When you see the stylish doormen in their distinctive white uniforms and white caps, you know you’re at The Peninsula. You can’t take one home as your own, but you can pick up a souvenir teddy bear dressed in the exact same crisp white outfit from the hotel gift shop.
2. Location, location, location. Situated in the heart of Chicago’s affluent Gold Coast neighborhood, The Peninsula Chicago gives you access to some of the city’s best shopping, as well as the Magnificent Mile, Millennium Park and Navy Pier, which are all within walking distance of the hotel.
3. You’ll love the sense of grandeur you feel sitting in the lobby, stories above the hustle and bustle of the city. The hotel provides a quiet retreat while still being in the heart of it all. We love the residential feel that comes from a more tranquil access on East Superior Street.
4. You can’t top the hotel’s compassionate service; the luxury Chicago hotel launched “Hope for Japan” to benefit the victims of the 2011 earthquake and tsunami. While The Peninsula still offers all the high-end amenities you could imagine — think a fleet of Rolls-Royce cars and Mini Coopers — the bottom line isn’t the only thing in mind.
5. On a lighter note, we love a hotel with a sense of humor. If you happen to be in town during a Bulls game, you’ll probably see the life-sized lion statues that guard the entryway on East Superior Street sporting team shirts boasting their Chicago pride.
Five things we love most about The Peninsula Chicago are:
The people. The people and the personalized, warm genuine service the staff provides.
The Spa. The top of the hotel is a truly majestic place to start the morning as the sun rises over the Lake and Michigan Avenue.
The Location. The Peninsula is within walking distance of many of the city’s attractions in the heart of Chicago’s Magnificent Mile and close to the business district.
The restaurants. With four award-winning restaurants and a bar, each one offers a unique experience, atmosphere and cuisine.
The amenities and services we provide. Whether here for a business trip or with family, we provide a variety of amenities that cater to your specific needs.