Answers from Our Experts (2)
It’s hard to narrow down the list to the five best things to order at Shanghai Terrace, especially with all of the dim sum offerings. You really can’t go wrong with anything on the menu. Here are our favorite meals at this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant:
1. Roasted Peking duck. As a Chinese specialty, Peking duck is one of the best things to order at Shanghai Terrace. Served with Mandarin pancakes, cucumber, scallion and hoisin sauce, the Peking duck is absolutely delicious. The thin and crispy skin adds the perfect texture to the aromatic dish.
2. Duck dumplings. We have to admit, we’re a bit partial to duck since it is such a delicacy; but the duck dumplings are one of the best ways to enjoy the protein. Part of the elaborate dim sum menu, these are a good start to your Chinese meal.
3. The Ning Sling. It’s the signature drink at many Peninsula hotels and ordering one at Shanghai Terrace is a must. The Ning Sling is a stellar concoction of Absolut Mandarin, lychee, fresh mint and passion fruit.
4. Shrimp and chive dumplings. Another favorite on the dim sum menu is the shrimp and chive dumplings. The chives add a bite that complements the smooth shrimp mixture.
5. Kung Pao prawns. A delicious seafood entrée, Kung Pao prawns give your meal a little kick. With peanuts, scallions, ginger and chili peppers, this Chinese dish is a great option at Shanghai Terrace.
The five items most enjoyed by guests are the roasted Peking duck, Kung Pao prawns with peanuts, ginger and chili peppers, happy red rice with pistachio, ginger roots, and eggs and steamed market fish with flower mushrooms, ginger, scallions and coriander soy. We serve over ten different types of unique, flavorful dim sum, which is the perfect appetizer to share between friends and family. These are our most popular menu items at Shanghai Terrace and each of these features the perfect blend of traditional and modern Chinese flavors and ingredients.