Answers from Our Experts (1)
Here are five things you should know about the historic The Cincinnatian Hotel before you check in:
1. The owners and staff take luxury service seriously.
2. It’s located in the heart of downtown, within walking distance of Fountain Square — the public soul of the city — and theaters, restaurants and nightspots. Great American Ball Park, home of the Cincinnati Reds, and Paul Brown Stadium, home to the Bengals, are a long walk or a short cab ride away.
3. Every December, the Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel offers a daily high tea, featuring traditional smoked salmon, cucumber and egg salad sandwiches, scones, tea brands, pastries and 36 varieties of loose-lead tea.
4. As the city’s oldest continuously running hotel, it was designed by Samuel Hannaford, a legendary architect in Cincinnati who also designed its grand Music Hall and its Genius of Water fountain featured at Fountain Square, among many other landmarks.
5. Rooms vary widely in size, features and style, even within price points. So, a conversation is in order before booking to ensure you get what you’re looking for.