Answers from Our Experts (1)
Much can be said about The Cincinnatian Hotel’s luxury accommodations, but here are its best and unique qualities:
1. The art. Original paintings and sculptures created by Cincinnati artists — Frederic Bonin Pissarro, among them — grace every public area and guest room throughout the hotel, instantly creating a sense of place that distinguishes it from other luxury hotels in Anywhere, U.S.A.
2. The rooms. The Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel continuously remodels rooms a handful at a time, ensuring a refreshing diversity of styles within classes of rooms, some decorated in primary colors, others in softer tones.
3. The food. Whether it’s seared foie gras served in its The Palace Restaurant, a burger in its Cricket Lounge or warm cookies laid out at turndown, the hotel thoughtfully prepares all of its offerings.
4. The staff. The luxury hotel employs the city’s only full-time concierge, and staff members throughout the organization go the extra mile to ensure guests know they’re in a luxury hotel.
5. The building. Opened in 1882 as The Palace Hotel, the building is designed in the Second French Empire architectural style and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Its mansard roof and grand staircase with thick walnut rails and marble steps sets the tone for an elegant experience.