Answers from Our Experts (1)
Here are five things should you know about The Cincinnatian Hotel’s The Palace Restaurant before you dine there:
1. It has an exciting young chef. Matthew Beaudin, just 28, joined as executive chef at this Forbes Travel Guide Recommended restaurant in February 2013. He’s passionate about locally sourced foods and recipes of his own making that exploit simple flavors free of heavy sauces and overly complicated seasoning.
2. The menu is seasonal. While a few tried-and-true entrees like Dover Sole stay year-round, the culinary team revamps to suit the freshest ingredients available.
3. The wine list is exceptional. It regularly wins awards for its breadth and depth.
4. It offers a great sense of place. The Palace is nestled within the beautiful Cincinnatian Hotel, built in 1882. Original paintings by Cincinnati artists or featuring iconic local scenes create an atmosphere distinct from generic fine dining.
5. The service is exceptional. Located in a luxury hotel, the tone of The Palace’s service is set by its veteran maitre d’.