Answers from Our Experts (2)
While The Broadmoor is a luxury hotel, it’s surprisingly family-friendly with loads of activities that will keep kids busy. Here’s our roundup of the five best activities for your younger travel companions:
1. The pool. At the main pool area, tots will spend hours splashing around the wading basin. Meanwhile, older siblings will get their kicks at Slide Mountain, a mini water park with two slides that shoot swimmers into the pool.
2. Cheyenne Lake. Your munchkins also can take to the water (accompanied, of course) in the rentable paddleboats on Cheyenne Lake. Kids will coo at the swans as they float by your boat.
3. Sports. Lessons and summertime junior camps are offered for budding tennis aces. Tiger Woods wannabes can opt for the Golf Club’s staff pros lead junior and family clinics in season.
4. The Bee Bunch. For parents seeking some adult time, drop off the kiddos at the Bee Bunch. At the onsite children’s center, kids can get creative with arts and crafts, join in some recreational fun and go on field trips. Rest assured that your precious angel will get the individual attention she needs there, since the counselor-to-camper ratio is 1 to 5. Advance sign-up is required and fees do apply.
5. Breakfast with Santa. A morning meal with Santa is a beloved Christmastime tradition at the Colorado Springs hotel, but little seasonal surprises like cupcake-decorating parties are always in store as well.
In summer, The Bee Bunch Children’s Camp with activities like golf, tennis, hiking and crafts, is by far the most popular for ages four to 12. Swimming in summer at the infinity pool with its “Slide Mountain” waterslides is great fun, along with swimming at the indoor pool year round. Children love the paddleboats on Cheyenne Lake and mountain bikes are available for family adventures on trails immediately adjacent to the resort. Matinees and evening movies at the Little Theater are also at the top of things to do on property.