Answers from Our Experts (1)
You won’t want for choice when shopping in Copenhagen; it’s a city known for its designed items, everything from housewares to clothes to LEGO. Here are our picks for the best things to bring home from a Copenhagen visit:
1. LEGO. These colorful interlocking bricks were first designed in Denmark in 1949. Relive your childhood — or inspire the children in your life — by picking up a few pieces or an entire set at LEGO’s flagship store on Strøget, Copenhagen’s pedestrian boulevard.
2. Aquavit. Aquavit means water of life, and it’s a clear spirit similar to vodka. Here it’s flavored with different herbs spices and herbs. A bottle of aquavit makes a nice before- or after-dinner sipper, even outside of Denmark.
3. Royal Danish Porcelain. This iconic brand’s distinctive blue-and-white patterned dishes and cups will add an old-world charm to your dinner parties back at home.
4. Jewelry from Georg Jensen. An elegant ring, earrings or bracelet from the Tiffany of Copenhagen is a gift any woman will appreciate.
5. Danish design items. Bringing home a piece of Danish-designed furniture or other housewares will help you remember your trip in style. Check out Illums Bolighus, Normann or Paustian for the best selections.