Answers from Our Experts (1)
Crested Butte is pleasantly devoid of chain restaurants. Believe it or not, this small town offers three sushi spots, six pizza places, and more than 30 bars. To help you decide, our Forbes Travel Guide editors narrowed it down to the best places to eat in Crested Butte:
1. Bacchanale. Fuel up with some divine homemade Northern Italian cooking. It’s one of Crested Butte’s oldest restaurants and makes for a great place to unwind after a tiring day on the slopes. Tuck into classic Italian favorites complete with housemade sauce. Whether you’re enjoying the sun-dried tomato risotto or the veal Marsala, Bacchanale is the place to go for Italian.
2. Ginger Café. If you’re looking for a unique menu, Ginger Café is your place. Offering innovative pan-Asian dishes ranging from Indian curry to pad Thai, this Elk Avenue restaurant is eclectic and fun. Don’t miss out on the locally sourced lamb. You can also opt for one of the many vegetarian options.
3. Izzy’s. Head to Elk Avenue for a casual breakfast or lunch at Izzy’s. With a kitchen serving everything from crêpes and bagels to homemade potato latkes and made-from-scratch muffins, you’ll be ready for whatever adventure the day may hold. You can also enjoy homemade soups, top-notch deli sandwiches and stuffed crêpes for lunch.
4. The Secret Stash. So it isn’t much of a secret anymore, but it’s still the best pizza in Crested Butte. Crowds flock to The Secret Stash around dinnertime; so if you want to beat the mania, head there for lunch or an early dinner. Pizza toppings include indulgences like figs and truffle oil, as well as creative ones like hamburger meat and cheddar — in case you’re craving a cheeseburger too.
5. Lobar. It’s been a favorite of locals and tourists since opening in 2004. Lobar offers the freshest sushi in town, as well as plenty of options for non-sushi eaters. Don’t miss out on the famous “crack” fries, which are seasoned with Parmesan cheese, salt, cracked pepper and truffle oil. You can also leave it up to the kitchen by ordering the omakase meal.