Answers from Our Experts (1)
MGM Grand Detroit offers many amenities for its guests, but we think these are the best:
1. Wolfgang Puck Steak. Forbes Travel Guide Tastemaker Wolfgang Puck focuses on meat at his contemporary steakhouse. Of course, go for the steaks, like the Kobe-style New York strip and the ribeye. You’ll find sides like the classic creamed spinach and an updated take on Brussels sprouts (made with bacon confit and golden raisins).
2. A top casino. If gambling’s your game, then you’ll likely have a ball at the hotel’s expansive casino, which is open 24 hours a day. You’ll find over 90 table games (everything from baccarat to roulette to three-card poker and more), 4,000 slot and video poker machines and the city’s premier non-smoking poker room.
3. A great gym. In addition to state-of-the-art Technogym equipment (all of which feature individual televisions and headsets), you’ll find extra pampering touches like chilled towels, fresh fruit, bottled MGM-branded water and magazines and newspapers to make your workout routine more enjoyable.
4. Outstanding room service. We were quite surprised at the quality of room service, which was definitely a cut above what you’d normally find at a big hotel. While the menu is compact, it’s filled with gems flavorful chicken fettuccine Alfredo or bananas Foster cheesecake.
5. The Concierge Level. The 17th floor of the hotel offers a quiet lounge with great views of Detroit, a 60-inch HDTV, and a complimentary breakfast as well as hors d’oeuvres and non-alcoholic beverages throughout the week. It’s reserved for the hotel’s select guests, but to gain access, simply sign up for a free I Prefer membership at iprefer.com and then you’re good to go.