Answers from Our Experts (1)
After staying at MGM Grand Detroit, all sorts of superlatives and adjectives come to mind. These are the words that best describe the style of the Motor City hotel:
1. Neo Art Deco. Detroit is populated with a large number of Art Deco skyscrapers and actually has one of the largest surviving collections of late nineteenth and early twentieth century buildings in the United States. MGM Grand’s façade harkens back to the city’s gilded age, thanks to its curving exterior and metal trim.
2. Contemporary. The exterior of the hotel might be a nod to the city’s past, but inside the hotel, the look is modern. A striking fire pit graces the lobby, while guest rooms feature chic touches like dual shower heads, marble counter tops and in-mirror televisions.
3. Bold. The ground-floor casino is the hotel’s main draw, and, along with a host of signature restaurants and nightclubs, it evokes a sexy, lively atmosphere where the steaks are prime and people are ready to party.
4. Colorful. Hotel rooms are decorated using a color palette of crimson, vermillion, sienna and cream, accented by dark wood furniture with silver trim for a look that’s young, fresh and fun.
5. Grand. With more than 450 rooms, a massive casino, a nightclub, multiple bars, an indoor swimming pool and a spa, you can spend hours roaming through the hotel without ever leaving.