Answers from Our Experts (1)
Doha is a cosmopolitan city with a variety of sumptuous restaurants and cafés in which to eat. Whether you’re in the mood for sweets or something savory, you can take your pick among Doha’s classiest establishments. Our Forbes Travel Guide editors’ recommendations for the five best places to eat in Doha include:
1. Three Sixty. This is Doha’s revolving restaurant, located at the top of the 300-meter-high Torch Hotel, a tower that served as a flaming torch for the Asian Games in 2006. Today you can feast on the restaurant’s mouth-watering Greek, Italian and Middle Eastern cuisine as you enjoy a 360-degree panoramic view of the city. This is a great choice if you want to impress a client or date.
2. L’Wzaar. For the best seafood in town, come to L’Wzaar for a delicious plate of fish and chips. Or if you want the full experience, choose your own fish or lobster from the fresh fish market at the restaurant’s entrance; it will be prepared according to your specifications. The restaurant is located in the Katara Cultural Village, a cultural center home to a number of ethnic restaurants, an outdoor amphitheater and even an opera house. Katara embodies the country’s goal to blend Western development with its Islamic heritage, and the center’s Arabic architecture is truly a site to behold. This is where the Qatar Philharmonic Orchestra performs, so come here for dinner before catching a show.
3. Pampano. This Mexican restaurant is a favorite among many expatriates living in Qatar. It’s located at the Pearl-Qatar, a man-made island where wealthy Qataris and expats come to buy high-end designer fashions. Munch on a delicious guacamole concoction while people-watching from Pampano’s outdoor seating on the marina — but just know that a meal here will set you back a pretty penny.
4. Spice Market. This is the W Doha Hotel’s best restaurant; its Southeast Asian cuisine and trendy atmosphere make it the perfect place for a night out. Try the Spicy Thai Shrimp Cake for an appetizer that will truly awaken your senses.
5. Al Mourjan. Located on the Corniche, Doha’s picturesque waterfront boulevard, this Lebanese restaurant offers authentic Middle Eastern cuisine in an utterly romantic outdoor setting. Sections of the seating jut out into the sea, and it’s the perfect place to celebrate an anniversary in virtual seclusion. Come in the evening for a breathtaking view of Doha’s skyline.