A boutique retreat in Dubai
106 Rooms / 28 Suites
A luxurious urban retreat in Dubai’s business district, Four Seasons Hotel Dubai International Financial Centre is a quiet and sophisticated boutique hotel for those looking to stay within easy reach of the city’s best entertainment and shopping venues.
The hotel’s interiors are brought to life by the work of acclaimed designer Adam Tihany and feature excellent conceptualization and painstaking attention to detail. The resplendence comes from strategically placed contemporary pieces and bold touches that accent rather than dominate the spaces they occupy.
In Penrose Lounge, the mesmerizing geometric gold chandelier depicts constellations, while the ceiling of Luna Sky Bar symbolizes falcons in flight and the wall murals remind one of the sand and the sea in a nod to the city’s heritage.
While every space is unique, the overall design is tied together by a theme of understated, effortless elegance and a refreshing absence of the over-the-top opulence often found in the region’s luxury hotels.
• Take a dip in the glass-walled rooftop swimming pool and enjoy cocktails from the bar over fantastic views of the city’s skyline in one of four private cabanas.
• The city’s top restaurants, bars and art galleries are located in Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), just a short walk from the hotel. Downtown Dubai, the Dubai Mall and other areas of interest are only a few minutes’ drive away.
• Offering just 106 luxury rooms, of which 28 are suites, the hotel feels intimate and enjoys a significant clientele of repeat customers, thanks to its high service standards.
• Unwind with a relaxing treatment at the spa. The signature Blue Tigers Eye Massage combines aromatherapy, acupressure and reflexology using blue tiger’s eye crystals to strengthen the immune system and comes highly recommended.
• The spacious and tastefully designed Penthouse Suite offers the ultimate luxury stay complete with exclusive amenities, such as a fully functional kitchen, large living and dining areas, generous office space, separate make-up and barber chairs and a pristine Italian marble bathroom with a free-standing bathtub. The 180-degree view of the Burj Khalifa is hard to beat.
Things to Know
• The location in DIFC appeals to business travelers, but it’s also suitable for couples and solo visitors looking for leisure, as families tend to stay closer to the beaches.
• The Monogram Room reimagines the traditional conference room as an inviting lifestyle space with glass-finished wood-clad walls, comfortable couches, shelves lined with art and books and areas for one-on-one conversations as well as formal meetings. It’s popular for product launches and other corporate events.
• Shisha is available at the rooftop pool bar and the outdoor section of Penrose Lounge. Try signature flavors like honey melon dew and iced berries.
• The contemporary rooms are bright with plenty of natural lighting. The use of soft pastel and earthy hues in the décor maintains a soothing tone while vibrant touches keep things interesting.
• Understated luxury abounds in details like marble tabletops, elegant curved sofas, large work desks, beautiful lamps, exquisite coffee tables, Oriental cushions and spacious walk-in closets.
• When it comes to a good night’s rest, the Four Seasons DIFC caters to your every need; customizable mattress toppers and pillows are available upon request.
• The limestone bathrooms are spacious with a glass shower cubicle (some also with a bathtub) and stocked with Roja Dove toiletries. Vanity mirrors come with built-in TV screens.
• In addition to the private bar, the martini kit placed in the rooms is a pleasant surprise. iPad minis that provide access to services and requests at the Dubai hotel are highly convenient.
• Enjoy tea, coffee or cocktails at the chic Penrose Lounge or indulge in a light bite or a cigar from its dedicated menu.
• Penrose Lounge’s afternoon tea service is not to be missed. The affair features a bespoke trolley with an extensive selection of loose-leaf teas to be paired with a variety of local honey as well as sweet treats like housemade chocolates and cookies.
• Firebird Diner by Michael Mina is a retro-themed journey into the 1950s with monochrome flooring, neon signs, booth-style seating, a jukebox and Cadillac sculptures on the wall designed by Bram Tihany, whose Dubai-inspired creations can be seen around the boutique hotel. Try the crispy Buffalo wings, lamb chops and the classic Firebird burger.
• Go to the elegant Luna Sky Bar for drinks over beautiful vistas of the Burj Khalifa through its floor-to-ceiling windows and in the lively outdoor section. Visit between 5 and 8 p.m. to partake in sunset aperitivo of cocktails with complimentary antipasti.
• Churchill Club is a classic gentleman’s-style cigar lounge with plush leather seating, comfortable high-backed chairs, glass-finished wood panels and framed photographs of the world’s most famous cigar connoisseurs, including the likes of Albert Einstein, Nicolas Cage and Jack Nicholson. The cigar menu is extensive and a drinks trolley is stocked with the finest spirits.