Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re looking for reasons to visit Southernmost Beach Resort, might we suggest these five, which we think are the best things about the Key West hotel:
1. Beachfront bar service. Open-air Southernmost Beach Café’s bar offers gorgeous views of the ocean while bartenders sling key-lime flavored cocktails and frozen daiquiris. For a cost-effective option, join the locals for happy hour from 4 to 7 p.m. If you ask, the friendly bartenders will give you your beverages in to-go glasses so you can take your drinks to the beach and enjoy the sunset.
2. Live music at sundown. Acoustic music adds to the ambience at dusk as local musicians serenade guests on the grassy West Lawn. Be sure to take an early seat in one of the lazy hammocks above an oasis of sand nearby.
3. An intimate spa. The calming spa is petite in size, but generous in services. Offering in-room or ocean-side massages as well as the marine-inspired seawater pearl ritual facial, unique treatments are sure to be enjoyed.
4. Yoga on the beach. Stretch your way to relaxation with a great view. At a reduced rate for guests, Yoga on the Beach offers classes right out your door. Mats, blankets and props are provided; just bring your spandex and a smile. Namaste.
5. Pier with incredible views. Located just on the other side of the beach, the Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel’s private pier offers a front-row seat to the sunset.