On November 27, 2013Forbes Travel Guide Inspector answered the question:There’s a lot to love about The Fullerton Bay Hotel, a dazzling property overlooking the Marina Bay waterfront in Singapore, but these are our favorite things about the hotel:
1. Service. Friendly, accommodating and professional, the consistently high level of personalized service provided by this luxury Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Singapore hotel’s staff, from the members of the well-informed concierge team to the helpful receptionists, is one of the true highlights of any stay.
2. Rooftop pool. Situated between the hotel’s trendy Lantern bar and its compact fitness center, the 82-foot lap pool is ringed by lush tropical greenery and surrounded by the panoramic scenery of the financial district and Harbour.
3. Location. The Five-Star Fullerton Bay Hotel couldn’t be much more ideally located. The city-state’s glitzy shopping centers on Orchard Road are a short taxi ride away while popular tourist attractions such as the Singapore Flyer Ferris wheel, Gardens by the Bay and Merlion Park are a short walk away, as is Lau Pa Sat, one of Singapore’s best center for hawkers with food and other wares.
4. Views. Each of the hotel’s 100 guest rooms and suites features double-glazed, floor-to-ceiling windows, outdoor balconies and spectacular views, particularly the harbor-facing bay view and premier bay view rooms.
5. Hotel-wide Wi-Fi. Whether lounging in our guest room or checking email on our phone over breakfast at Clifford, the hotel’s signature first-floor restaurant, we had no problem staying plugged in during our stay via this luxury Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Singapore hotel’s password-protected Wi-Fi connection.
On November 27, 2013Forbes Travel Guide Inspector answered the question:The Fullerton Bay Hotel is located in central Singapore's Marina Bay district at 80 Collyer Quay. This sleek and modern waterfront Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel has stunning views of the bay, and is within walking distance of popular sites like Raffles Place, Esplanade Theatre and Singapore City Hall. The ideal address makes getting anywhere you need to go easy. Floor-to-ceiling windows throughout the Five-Star hotel make the most of the location, but be sure to visit the rooftop bar to soak in the ultimate views of the bay and the massive Marina Bay Sands Casino.
On November 20, 2013Forbes Travel Guide Inspector answered the question:It doesn’t get much more romantic than a couples treatment at Hualalai Spa. Treat you and your loved one to an escape inside the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa’s Couple’s Hale. Whether you opt for a duet massage or the Romance Escape, you will indulge in side-by-side treatments. The four-hour, multi-treatment Romance Escape features a soak in an aphrodisiac bath blend in the hinoki tub, an aromatherapy wrap, Swedish massage and a wellness activity of your choice. For a shorter treatment that will still leave you starry-eyed, opt for the duet massage, which lets you choose from the menu of massage services. The best part is you don’t have to pick the same type of massage as your partner; so you can relax at your own pace, while still lying side-by-side.
On November 20, 2013Forbes Travel Guide Inspector answered the question:A massage at Hualalai Spa is unlike anything you’ve ever experienced. With 13 different types of massages and more than 50 varieties within those, the toughest thing you’ll have to do is choose just one. And let’s be honest, things could be a lot worse than that. Whether you are looking to target a specific muscle group or want a basic full-body massage, you’ll certainly find one to fit your needs on this extensive spa menu. Here are some of our favorites at the Forbes Travel :
The aromatherapy massage is your basic spa treatment. With the use of essential oils as a catalyst, your therapist will stimulate your body’s self-healing abilities. This can be a 50-, 80- or 105-minute massage, and it can also be ordered as a couples massage.
We love the incorporation of the Hawaiian tradition in some of the massages. To get that authentic island feel, try the Hualalai Island Stone massage. In this 80-minute treatment, hot and cold stones will be placed on and under your body to open up energy centers. Whether you want to have it poolside, beachside or in the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa facility, you’ll emerge from this massage feeling completely at peace.
Some of the other massages are the traditional Swedish massage, Thai massage, Shiatsu, deep tissue and the sacred Hawaiian healing art of LomiLomi. All of the massages can be experienced poolside and beachside for an extra dose of that Hawaiian goodness.
On November 20, 2013Forbes Travel Guide Inspector answered the question:You can reserve a table at Powder by calling the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant directly or booking at OpenTable.com. But depending when you stop in, you might also be able to snag a table without a reservation. Breakfast and lunch are less busy for the luxury Park City restaurant, so feel free to drop by. In the busy winter ski season, however, we recommend making a reservation for dinner, as Waldorf Astoria Park City fills up and hungry skiers snap up timeslots. If you can’t get a reservation, relax in the restaurant’s lounge, where a bar menu is served from 4 to 11 p.m. daily.
On November 20, 2013Forbes Travel Guide Inspector answered the question:To match the upscale lodge atmosphere at Powder, business casual attire is best. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant’s Powder Lounge is more relaxed, with an informal menu and ambiance that welcomes the après ski scene. At breakfast and lunch, casual clothes are welcome in the dining room, and at dinner, men will fit in with a button-down shirt, slacks and appropriate shoes (probably best to dodge the denim and sneakers). The luxury Park City restaurant's menu is elegant and seasonal, with summertime dishes such as sweet corn agnolotti and roasted beef tenderloin with local greens.
On November 20, 2013Forbes Travel Guide Inspector answered the question:After a long day of skiing, you can unwind with dinner at Powder, the signature restaurant inside Waldorf Astoria Park City. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant serves dinner Sunday through Wednesday from 6 to 9 p.m. and Thursday through Saturday from 6 to 10 p.m. The cozy restaurant combines a mountain atmosphere (fireplace, mohair walls) with a sense of sophistication (marble bar, crystal chandeliers). Sit underneath the hand-carved antlers on the wall and enjoy hearty fare such as pan-seared Alaskan halibut with Yukon potato rosti and chorizo or cherry-wood-smoked short rib. Be sure to glance up from your dish to appreciate the view; the Park City restaurant's windows look out over the pool area and the mountain.
On November 20, 2013Forbes Travel Guide Inspector answered the question:Powder, a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant, is located inside the Waldorf Astoria Park City. The hotel and restaurant are nested in the Wasatch Mountains at the base of Canyons, a ski and snowboard resort drawing visitors with over 4,000 acres of trails. The luxury Park City restaurant caters to guests of the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel as well as skiers just off the hill for breakfast, lunch, dinner and après-ski bites in the lounge. Powder’s warm atmosphere is a welcome respite from the snow, with rich brown décor and a crackling fireplace. In good weather, grab a table on the outdoor terrace.
On November 19, 2013Forbes Travel Guide Inspector answered the question:Spa & Fitness Center at Turnberry Isle Miami offers a more select treatment menu than some hotel-affiliated spas, but it still provides a full range of pampering services from massages to manicures. Don’t miss these five treatments, which we think are the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa’s best:
1. Tropical Garden Facial. Inhale the heavenly scents of jasmine and orange blossoms as your skin is hydrated with essential oils in this 60-minute aromatic facial. In addition to cleansing and moisturizing, you’ll receive a foot, hand and scalp massage to relax all the senses.
2. Aroma Salt Exfoliation. Shed away those dead skin cells with this scrub treatment. First you’ll stand under the Florida Rain Massage before being scrubbed down with Eucalyptus sea salts, followed by a massage using botanical aloe lotion. You’ll leave revived and fully moisturized.
3. Sports Massage. Given that Turnberry Isle is located on two 18-hole championship golf courses, it should come as no surprise that the deep rejuvenating massage is one of the Miami spa’s most popular treatments. After hitting the links, come to the spa for the massage that combines stretching, rocking and circulation-enhanced strokes.
4. Golden Sun Wrap. If you’ve been worshipping the Florida sun a little too much, you’ll want to baby yourself and heal your skin with this soothing wrap. Pure algae is blended with aloe vera and essential oils to nurture the skin, and you’ll get an extra element of relaxation thanks to the accompanying head, neck, scalp and foot massage.
5. Customized Deep Cleansing Facial. Even the simplest facial here is a treat. This European-style, comprehensive treatment combines cleansing, exfoliation, a facial massage, a masque and moisturizing from Kerstin Florian’s aromatic product line.
On November 19, 2013Forbes Travel Guide Inspector answered the question:As a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star retreat, the Spa & Fitness Center at Turnberry Miami offers a full range of classic and innovative massages. Whether you need a simple leg massage and stretch, reflexology treatment or a 90-minute customized deep tissue massage, the top-notch staff will soothe aches and pains from head-to-toe. We fell in love with the Breathe Easy massage, which features a pressure-point massage utilizing a blend of eucalyptus, tea-tree and pine essential oils to help open your sinuses and strengthen your immune system. For an additional charge, you can also choose from a selection of treatment enhancements such as extra massage time (who wouldn’t want that?), a scalp treatment, reflexology, body scrub, aromatherapy, hot stones and a hydrating foot treatment.
On November 19, 2013Forbes Travel Guide Inspector answered the question:As a world-class destination for rejuvenaton, the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Spa & Fitness Center at Turnberry Isle Miami makes an ideal place to relax and get pampered with your significant other. While the three-story retreat doesn’t offer specific treatments for couples, you can still request that any of its bountiful massage and facial offerings be executed in the same room in a side-by-side fashion. So, if you’re looking for a Swedish and your companion wants a deep tissue massage, you both can get what you like. In the facial department, there’s no reason for men to feel left out. The spa offers a customized Gentleman’s Barber option created specifically for men’s skin.
On November 19, 2013Forbes Travel Guide Inspector answered the question:Located just outside of Miami in the city of Aventura, what makes Turnberry Isle Miami different from other hotels is the wealth of amenities and activities you’ll find across the sumptuous 300-acre property. The grounds are lovely and integrate the tropical flora into both the design and in name (buildings are all named after tropical flowers); you’ll definitely want to stroll through the chef’s herb garden or jog around the three-mile course surrounding the resort.
Offering two 18-hole PGA Championship golf courses plus a driving range, the Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel is great for those who enjoy hitting the fairways. If you’re not a regular player, you can arrange for lessons to help improve your swing. Otherwise, you’ll likely enjoy the four clay tennis court or a workout in the gorgeous 25,000-square-foot spa and fitness complex.
The resort is a perfect getaway for families with children. In addition to its onsite Kids' Connection activities and a private beach club a short shuttle bus ride away, Turnberry Isle also features a truly unique swimming pool with both a lazy river and a 180-foot water slide. No matter what your age or interests, you’re bound to find something to like at the Florida resort.
On November 19, 2013Forbes Travel Guide Inspector answered the question:With its wealth of outdoor activities, you’ll find much to enjoy at Turnberry Isle Miami. Here are the best things about the hotel:
1. Beautiful golf courses. Originally designed by Robert Jones Trent, Sr., and then refashioned by Raymond Floyd, the two 18-hole PGA championship golf courses feature bright green paspalum fairways, doglegs and impressive water features, including a spectacular waterfall.
2. The Laguna Pool. The main swimming pool at the Forbes Travel Guide Recommended resort is designed with a lazy river where you can go tubing and a 180-foot winding water slide — perfect for families with kids and the young at heart.
3. Bourbon Steak. You’ll find tasty burgers and delicious steaks at this outpost of Michael Mina’s modern steakhouse located just off the lobby.
4. Tropical gardens. Florida didn’t get its “Flowery Land” name for nothing. Boasting verdant gardens dotted with banana and palm trees, birds of paradise, and a chef’s herb garden, the grounds at Turnberry Isle Miami are a sight to behold.
5. Spa & Fitness Center. The 25,000-square-foot building located near the resort’s entrance offers one of the best resort gyms we’ve visited, with a variety of equipment from treadmills to rowing machines, morning spinning and yoga classes, and even an onsite café where you can down a protein shake post-workout.
On November 12, 2013Forbes Travel Guide Inspector answered the question:The design style of The Ritz-Carlton Montreal offers the best of old and new. With its grand staircase, majestic ballrooms and neo-classical exterior imagined in the early 1900s by New York architectural firm Warren & Wetmore (their other accomplishments include Grand Central Station and New York City’s Biltmore, Vanderbilt and Ritz hotels), the Montreal building is deeply rooted in elegance and history. However, having recently undergone a $200 million makeover, the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel is on the cutting edge of technology (energy conservation is a priority, state-of-the-art proximity cards never de-magnetize and the smart system even remembers a guest’s room temperature preferences) and has been infused with a fresh, contemporary look.
On November 12, 2013Forbes Travel Guide Inspector answered the question:Two seasons in particular stand out as the best times to visit The Ritz-Carlton Montreal: summer and winter. In the summer, guests can enjoy meals and drinks on the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel's stunning central terrace, take in the sights from the rooftop salt-water pool and see the ducks that famously live in the pond of the courtyard. There are also several internationally renowned festivals for guests to enjoy in summer, including Just For Laughs and the Montreal Jazz Festival. However, this doesn’t mean one should shy away from Montreal in the winter: A network of underground tunnels makes the most of the downtown core and there are festivals (including the Montreal High Lights Festival, an art and culinary extravaganza) during the colder months as well. And of course, what would be more romantic than cozying up under a blanket for a horse-drawn carriage ride though Old Montreal?