Answers from Our Experts (1)
Frankfurt has a vast array of world-class dining options. You’ll find everything from traditional schnitzel to top-notch sushi. Here are Forbes Travel Guide’s editors’ picks for the best places to eat in Frankfurt.
1. Max on One. Run by the internationally-famous chef Martin Steiner, this excellent eatery serves up a variety of (mostly grilled) Frankfurt classics – making it the best option for a truly cultural experience.
2. 22nd Lounge & Bar. A superb skyscraping eatery with an unparalleled view over the city, 22nd Lounge & Bar not only offers an extensive high-end menu but also sumptuous cocktails, excellent live piano music and always-friendly service. It’s also worth noting that the prices, unlike the setting, are not sky high.
3. Erno’s Bistro. Almost certainly the city’s finest French eatery, Erno’s has been serving up fine, Michelin-starred Gallic gastronomy for close to four decades. It’s only realistic rival is the simply-titled Français.
4. Iroha. An excellent Japanese restaurant in the bowels of the hotel Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, Iroha serves up the tastiest sushi in the city. Nevertheless, opt for a seat at one of the restaurant’s few teppanyaki tables, where you’ll see great food prepared before you on a traditional iron griddle.
5. Lohninger. Owned by the celebrated (and eponymous) head chef Mario Lohninger, this excellent restaurant focuses on traditional Austrian staples with a gourmet twist – perfect for a light lunch. For more adventurous cuisine from the same chef, head to Frankfurt’s Micro and Silk restaurants instead.