Answers from Our Experts (1)
As a major business destination, Frankfurt boasts a large and eclectic selection of luxury hotels. Read on for Forbes Travel Guide’s editor’s picks for the best places to stay in Frankfurt.
1. Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt. A luxury option in the heart of the city (just two minutes from the main train station), this early 20th century hotel offers the perfect blend of historical beauty and contemporary comfort.
2. Schlosshotel Kronberg. It may be a little way out of town, but the luxurious Schlosshotel Kronberg more than justifies the minor inconvenience. A 19th century country castle-cum-hotel, it boasts exquisite furnishings, an impressive collection of antiques and paintings and, naturally, an exclusive 18-hole golf course.
3. Rocco Forte Hotel Villa Kennedy. This turn-of-the-century building was once a simple (admittedly enormous) family home, but is now a beautiful 163-bedroom hotel with a large swimming pool, spa and gym and great dining and drinking facilities.
4. Jumeirah Frankfurt Hotel. Located in the inner part of the Innerstadt, this superb high-end hotel is the largest in Frankfurt, featuring 218 bedrooms and suites, three restaurants and bars, a luxurious day spa and state-of-the-art meeting and event facilities. There is also a spectacular ballroom, just for good measure.
5. Roomers. Those who prefer their retreats on the stylish side will be at home at this uber-modern boutique hotel with a location in central Frankfurt. The décor is dramatic, with dark tones, dim lighting and plenty of contemporary art. If you’re visiting during summer, camp out at the hotel’s patio oyster bar, which serves fresh oysters, champagne and a well-edited wine list.