Answers from Our Experts (1)
What kid doesn’t love chocolate? The town of Hershey was built around the first Hershey factory, so everything from the entertainment to the dining revolves around the classic chocolate brand. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to choose from that will both cause and distract from the inevitable chocolate-induced sugar rush. Here’s our Forbes Travel Guide editors’ recommendation for the five best things to do with kids in Hershey:
1. Hersheypark. Theme parks are a kid’s paradise. This one in particular offers 65 rides, tons of games and tasty food options to keep you and your kids busy all day. Check out the boardwalk in the warm summer months. Cool down in the 378,000-gallon wave pool or ride the Roller Soaker, a half-coaster, half-water ride that will leave you soaked and refreshed.
2. Hershey’s Chocolate World. This attraction is devoted to — you guessed it — Hershey’s chocolate. Here, you can pretend you’re a factory worker and package your own milk chocolate, take a trolley tour of Chocolate Town or make your own dessert.
3. ZooAmerica. Located in the Minetown area in Hersheypark, ZooAmerica houses Native American animals ranging from mountain lions to reindeer. Take a break from chocolate to teach your kids about some of the country’s most fascinating creatures.
4. Family entertainment. Venues like Hersheypark Stadium, Star Pavilion, Giant Center and Hershey Theatre regularly host performances that are designed for the whole family, such as Disney’s Mickey & Minnie’s Magical Journey on ice. Buy your tickets online and prepare yourself for a heavy dose of wonderment.
5. Hershey gardens. When tasting chocolate starts to get old, we recommend rounding up your gang and spending some time in the 23-acre Hershey gardens. In addition to the Butterfly House and rows of precious roses, there’s a Children’s Garden with interactive elements, so your kids can learn more about the plants in Pennsylvania.