Answers from Our Experts (1)
There’s a lot to keep you busy in this chocolate-loving town, but here’s a list of the five best things to see and do in Hershey:
1. Spend a day at Hersheypark. This bustling theme park first opened in 1907, but it’s not the least bit dated. Instead, ride on 12 modern roller coasters, get soaked on water rides and take the kids on some tame carnival rides. Hersheypark has something for everyone, including Hershey’s chocolate treats and plenty of people dressed up like Hershey’s Kisses.
2. Indulge in The Spa At The Hotel Hershey. If you’re lucky enough to stay at The Hotel Hershey, be sure to book treatments at the hotel’s decadent chocolate-themed spa. There, you can get treatments like a chocolate sugar scrub, a whipped cocoa bath or a caramel kisses pedicure.
3. Visit Hershey’s Chocolate World. To learn everything behind Milton S. Hershey’s legacy, visit Hershey’s Chocolate World. Kids will get a kick out of creating their own desserts and touring the famous chocolate factory where it all began.
4. See a show at The Hershey Theatre. For 75 years, The Hershey Theatre has remained committed to putting on prestigious performances in its intricate 20th century-designed venue. Come see a Broadway show like Mary Poppins and Mamma Mia! or take in a rock performance.
5. Dine at The Circular. Guests of The Hotel Hershey should make their way to this iconic Hershey restaurant that was originally designed by Milton S. Hershey and last updated in early 2013. For dinner, try dishes like cocoa-dusted Maine scallops or heritage chicken with baby carrots, celery, fiddlehead ferns, pearl onions and chicken consommé. Or go for Sunday brunch and indulge in The Hotel Hershey’s grand buffet.