Answers from Our Experts (1)
Hilton Head Island is an extremely kid-friendly destination, so many of the restaurants on the island will work for toting the youngsters along. Here are five kid-friendly restaurants we recommend:
1) Mellow Mushroom. This pizzeria has a wildly decorated interior, with bright colors and crazy paintings to make any meal a fun experience. The restaurant offers a variety of pizzas, calzones, and other kid-friendly choices sure to please even the pickiest eater.
2) The Salty Dog Café screams cool with its waterfront dining and charming dog logo, plus children’s activities such as face painting and magicians on hand to entertain. The menu is easy with staples such chicken fingers, burgers, and fried shrimp.
3) Take your kids to Frankie Bones, which not only has pasta, corndog, and small steak choices, but also a Campfire S’mores dessert that lets you and your kids cook s’mores right on your own tabletop grill.
4) The Quarterdeck and Topside at the Quarterdeck offers stunning views of the Calibogue Sound, Harbour Town Marina, and Harbour Town Golf Links, all sights geared towards keeping your little ones entertained with plenty of scenery. One of the best parts about eating here is the children’s menu that indicates whether each dish is gluten, dairy, or nut-free in case your kids have any food allergies.
5) Kids love ice cream, and a trip to Hilton Head wouldn’t be complete without a stop at the famous Hilton Head Ice Cream. The joint offers over 35 flavors and many of the local restaurants use its ice cream for the dessert menus.