Answers from Our Experts (1)
Hilton Head Island can be a great destination for a romantic rendezvous for two to enjoy the Lowcountry’s coastal surroundings. Here are the five best things to do on a romantic trip to the island:
1) Take a sunset dinner cruise. As day slowly fades into night, you will be able to see the island from a different perspective. Sip some wine and nosh on tasty food, really taking in all of the beauty and variety of scenery from the deck of the boat.
2) Rent bicycles for a romantic ride. Cruising along with your mate feels carefree — on a tandem, it’s positively dreamy. Hilton Head Island’s 35 miles of bike trails snake through the island so you can see it all, or just each other.
3) Explore Daufuskie Island. Hop on a boat to the remote Daufuskie Island off the coast of Hilton Head; upon arrival, rent a golf cart — or another bike — to cruise around and stop at the galleries and restaurants on a small eight-mile island that feels a million miles away from the rest of the world.
4) Splash around. Zip around on Jet Skis or paddle in kayaks depending on your mood — but do it together. Plenty of dolphins, birds, and other aquatic wildlife are waiting to be spotted, and romance will be in the air as you soak in nature together.
5) Dine with a view. For a great vista of the Calibogue Sound, try Topside at the Quarterdeck, a casual yet romantic eatery located within the Sea Pines Resort. This second floor establishment offers a panoramic view of Habour Town.