Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re heading to InterContinental Hong Kong, here are the five things you should know before you go:
1. Book a Harbourview Room. You’ll love taking in the view in the morning and at night of Victoria Harbour through the large windows. Your room will also provide a great view of the Symphony of Lights, if you don’t feel like venturing outside to the waterfront.
2. Hong Kong water is not suitable for drinking. So, the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel provides bottles of water daily, which are refreshed at turndown and during daily housekeeping. You’ll have plenty of fresh drinking water.
3. There’s 24-hour butler service for all guest rooms. Your butler can help with laundry, dry-cleaning or pressing, or bring you a selection from the pillow menu — just touch the "Butler" button on the wall panel (or the "Instant Service" button on the phone) and he or she will come to assist you.
4. Complimentary yoga and tai chi classes. Start your day right with a little stretching and meditation on the Pool Terrace. The Hong Kong hotel offers tai chi sessions five mornings a week and yoga classes on the weekends.
5. Location. InterContinental Hong Kong is located on the Kowloon side of the city, so you’ll be within walking distance of some fabulous shopping (and we mean fabulous), Kowloon Park and tons of great dining options. But keep in mind that you can’t cross Salisbury Road at street level, unless you walk down to the Star Ferry at Salisbury and Canton roads. Otherwise, you have to use an underground walkway, which is just in front of the hotel. (It took us a few minutes to realize this when we wanted to venture out on foot.)