Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are plenty of great amenities at InterContinental Hong Kong, but here are the ones that top our list.
1. The view of the harbor. The location and view here are unparalleled. Watch the action on the promenade and on Victoria Harbour, as well as the Symphony of Lights show each evening. Do yourself a favor and request one of the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel's harbor-view rooms.
2. Welcome amenities. After a long trip to Hong Kong, warm welcome amenities are certainly appreciated — you’ll receive a large bowl of fruit as well as a choice of hot teas (jasmine, oolong, Japanese green tea and more), which will come in a beautiful white tea pot delivered to your room.
3. Fitness center with complimentary classes. The spacious and clean 24-hour fitness center boasts various types of equipment, along with snacks and other amenities, including headphones for the TVs on the cardio machines, towels and plenty of magazines to read while you work out. There are also complimentary tai chi classes five mornings a week and yoga classes on the weekend to help you ward off that nasty jet lag.
4. Pool Terrace. Surrounded by lush trees and flowers, the third-floor terrace features a large outdoor swimming pool and three infinity spa pools with different temperatures overlooking the harbor. After a swim, head over to the teak deck dining area for a light lunch or cocktail.
5. Pillow menu. The beds here are already super comfortable, but if you’ve traveled far from home and/or you suffer from allergies, it’s always nice to have a few extra some creature comforts, and a pillow menu is a great start. The luxury hotel carries various options, including an anti-allergy pillow, a contour pressure-relieving pillow and a cool bamboo pillow.