Answers from Our Experts (1)
It’s hard to describe any hotel in just five words, but we think these best characterize InterContinental Hong Kong.
1. Contemporary. The Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel’s design style is timelessly sophisticated with a touch of contemporary flair. Rooms are spacious with luxurious bedding, marble bathrooms with deep-soaking tubs, large windows and updated technology.
2. Asian. Modern Asian artwork and décor give you sense of Hong Kong’s long history. You’ll also be served traditional welcome tea when you arrive and can partake of Cantonese food at Yan Toh Heen, Harbourside and in your own room, by ordering from the room service menu.
3. Scenic. This hotel’s prime location on Victoria Harbour allows for fantastic guest room views of the harbor and Hong Kong Island. You’ll also find spectacular vistas Harbourside restaurant, which has large floor-to-ceiling windows, as well as from the pool terrace. Views are a big draw at InterContinental Hong Kong.
4. Quiet. The luxury hotel isn’t overwhelmingly large and although the lobby is quite busy most of the time, you’ll still enjoy a quiet and peaceful stay. The pool is a serene place to relax and you won’t be bombarded by too much noise. We enjoyed the size of the property and that there wasn’t too much craziness.
5. Friendly. The moment you arrive and step out of your car, you’ll be greeted by cheerful staff members. Everyone at the Hong Kong hotel was incredibly friendly and helpful when we visited — and if you need something, don’t hesitate to ask because the staff will go out of its way to help you.