Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are five key things to know about L’hotel élan in Hong Kong:
1. Location. The hotel is located in Kwun Tong, a district better known for factories and office buildings than tourist attractions or shopping malls.
2. Open-plan gym. Fitness enthusiasts might be dismayed by the hotel gym, which shares its space with the all-day refreshment area and reception seating, and which does not include any strength training machines. Martial arts practitioners, on the other hand, will be delighted to find a wooden dummy and punching bag.
3. Limited social areas. Those hoping to host colleagues or friends in a buzzy hotel lobby won’t find that atmosphere at this hotel, which has only two sculptural chairs on its ground floor and a few café-style tables and chairs on the 35th floor reception level.
4. Outdoor pool. The hotel has a lovely small pool with comfortable loungers, open during the summer months. Shy guests might feel uncomfortable by the proximity to the reception desks, visible just beyond a glass wall.
5. Tech-forward. The hotel includes iPads in each room, from which guests can order room service, browse hotel information and set wake-up calls. The concierge team on the ground floor lobby is supported by an interactive video screen with information on local leisure activities, nightlife and dining.