Answers from Our Experts (1)
Although you’ll want to sample dish after dish at this French restaurant, to keep yourself from going overboard, we offer this primer of the best things to order at L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon:
1. The set menu. You’ll have to schedule off a good chunk of time and come hungry, but both steps are worth it when it comes to the multicourse set menu at L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon.
2. The seasonal dishes. L’Atelier takes inspiration from the seasons, so expect your server to point out dishes that are using fresh, seasonal ingredients that are new to the menu. We especially loved the white truffle theme and happily downed several dishes that featured the flavorful fungus.
3. Le caviar velouté. Robuchon’s chilled sweet corn soup is accented with caviar and a rich beef jelly that only serves to enhance the natural flavor of the corn. It’s a creamy and colorful way to begin your evening at L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon.
4. L’onglet. An impossibly round column of steak tartar is topped with fine black truffles and sports a gold leaf-covered egg yolk in its very center. The dish is paired with a white porcelain cup of thin, crisp French fries.
5. Dessert. This is one of those when-in-Rome situations; when in a haute cuisine French restaurant you must save room for dessert because you know it will be decadent and over the top, and L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon delivers. Whether you prefer something classic such as a soufflé or a little more adventurous such as La Boule Surprise (a chocolate ball with crunchy pecan and vanilla ice cream) you truly can’t go wrong here.